Sunday, October 21, 2012

Napoli's

413
Napoli's

                Last night, I went to a new restaurant for the first time called Napoli’s.  It is an Italian restaurant, and we decided to try it out instead of going to Olive Garden.  I don’t think I’m going to go to Olive Garden ever again.  Napoli’s is now, without a doubt, my favorite restaurant. 
                It is somewhat similar to Olive Garden in the sense that they bring you an unlimited supply of bread, but instead of breadsticks, they bring these amazing rolls that are hands-down the best bread that has ever entered my mouth.  Also, in contrast to Olive Garden, Napoli’s has raspberry iced tea, my favorite drink, and it is very high quality.  I ordered spaghetti, as I am a very boring, monotonous eater, and it was absolutely delicious. 
                The service at Napoli’s is also incredible.  It isn’t a huge restaurant, so you don’t have to wait forever for the server to come around to check on everything.  Our waitress literally was giving us refills or more bread about every two minutes.  Also, there was a guy with a heavy Italian accent that seemed to be just walking around to all the tables, as if he was assigned to every table in the whole place.  Then, the manager came through, asking how everything was, an occurrence that only happens about one out of every ten times that I go to other restaurants. 
                I wasn’t fortunate enough to need to use the restroom facilities, so I don’t have any information about those, but based on the rest of the restaurant, they were probably extremely clean and nice.  The restaurant had soft, dim lighting, which I thought was pleasant and peaceful.  As this is a very genuine Italian restaurant, it served a wide variety of wines, but it is still a very family-friendly environment.  Napoli’s is a nice, quiet restaurant, and there is no bar scene to contribute to chaos and noise. 
                I’m not sure whether there are other Napoli’s’ in the United States or the rest of the world, but I doubt it, as it seems like a family-owned, high-quality small restaurant.  As more and more people try it out, I definitely see them needing to expand or move to a larger building to accommodate the thriving business.  Again, Napoli’s is now my favorite restaurant, and I can’t wait until the next time I get to go there.  Anyone that lives in the Cedar Rapids metropolitan area, I would definitely recommend going to Napoli’s.

1 comment:

  1. They have the BEST raspberry iced tea! Their homemade rolls are delicious too. I'm glad someone else knows about the greatness of this restaurant and their quality food. Try the tortellini sometime.... it is delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete