Sunday, October 14, 2012

#RHONJ

383
#RHONJ

                Since my mom basically rules the house, we watch her shows on TV every night.  One of her favorite shows to watch is Real Housewives of New Jersey/New York/Orange County/Whatever.  She likes to watch it because she has a pretty stressful life, and watching that ‘trash’ helps her unwind and relax.  I used to absolutely hate these shows, but now that I have watched them for so long, I actually kind of enjoy them.  Because I watch it so much, I know what’s going on, and watching these crazy people and their ridiculous problems amuse me. 
                Although we watch all the different cities of Real Housewives, the one we most often watch is New Jersey.  I used to think Caroline was the most reasonable of the housewives, but now I’m just tired of her crap, and she annoys the hell out of me.  Now, I think that Jacqueline’s husband is the most reasonable person on the show, because he knows when to keep his mouth shut, and he isn’t constantly looking for unnecessary drama.  Theresa is obviously the craziest person on the show, and no one will ever forget her table flip a few seasons ago.  I really don’t like her kids either; they just seem like a bunch of spoiled brats.
                I find Richie very funny, just because he is a total goofball and always seems to be semi-drunk.  I also think Joe Giudice’s ‘who cares’ antics are hilarious.  I used to think Jacqueline was okay, but recently she seems to be very emotionally fragile and is losing her mind, so now I’m not a very big fan of her.  Her daughter is probably the most low-life character on the entire show, which doesn’t make much sense because her parents are overall pretty decent people.
                Anyway, I don’t enjoy watching Real Housewives because I like the drama, but rather because I just find it relaxing to watch other people’s problems.  I know that sounds a bit evil, but these people signed up for this; what do they expect to happen?  No matter what kind of turmoil they’re going through, they’re still making gobs of money, so they can’t be that upset.  I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Real Housewives is one of my favorite TV shows of all time.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment