Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bike Race

391
Bike Race

                Two months ago, I got the iPhone 4 for free, just after the iPhone 5 came out.  I quickly became acquainted with the App Store, and ‘purchased’ the best free game that Apple has to offer.  This game is called “Bike Race,” and it is now probably the biggest waste of time currently in my life.  There are single player and multiplayer modes; achieving certain accomplishments earns you new bikes, which have certain advantages over the others.  You can play in multiplayer mode against your Facebook friends who also have the game, and it keeps track of your win-loss record so that you can obtain bragging rights over all your friends. 
                Here’s how the game is played.  The iPhone (or iPod touch) is turned sideways, and pushing the right side of the screen makes you accelerate, pushing the left side of the screen makes you brake, and tilting the device to the left or right causes you to lean forward or backward.  There are many different tracks, and many have little tricks that allow you to finish faster.  That’s all there is to it.  In addition to all the bikes you can earn from certain accomplishments, there are two bikes that you can purchase; the Kids Bike for $15.00, and the Super Bike for $20.00.  Buying these bikes would be totally unfair, but I generally don’t have to worry about that because few people are willing to pay that heavy of a price for a stupid little game.
                At the moment, I have 1247 multiplayer wins.  I would estimate that I win about seventy percent of the games I play, so that would calculate out to about 1780 total multiplayer games that I have played in about a month.  Do you understand why I say this is a serious waste of my time?  Thankfully, the average race only lasts about fifteen seconds, but that still adds up to about seven and a half hours that I have burned on this game in about a month.  Thankfully, as with all other games, I will almost certainly get tired of this sad excuse of a game, and will no longer waste any more of my time on it.  But for now, I am still vastly enjoying my Bike Race experience, and I feel that I am getting pretty close to professional level. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment