Sunday, January 6, 2013

China Swag

China Swag
443

                I noticed the other day that I have two pageviews from China.  This means one of two things.  Either someone viewed my blog from Hong Kong or Macau, or else someone hacked the government censorship and looked at my blog.  Since there are fewer than 10 million in Hong Kong and Macau combined, and there are over 1.35 billion people in the rest of China, I’m going to assume that someone hacked the system and is looking at PRC-blocked websites, at their own serious peril.
                Anyway, in case these people ever read my blog again, I would just like to say that I am greatly honored to know that you are possibly risking your lives to read my blog, and to seek information outside your government’s restrictions.  I am very interested in ‘Old China,’ and Chinese culture intrigues me.  I take Chinese at my high school, which happens to be one of two schools in my state (equivalent to your provinces) that even offers Chinese to students.
                I sometimes fantasize about living in Ancient or pre-1949 China, especially during the Han or Tang Dynasties, and being a prosperous man in one of the greatest civilizations ever to walk the earth.  In the future, if I have time, I would like to extensively study Chinese history.  I also plan to go to China within the next few years, possibly even as soon as this summer.  I would also like to eventually learn enough Cantonese (广东话) to travel to Hong Kong and the rest of Guangdong.  In the end, I really respect your culture, and I am very excited to have people in China reading my blog.  I am also very excited that there are some bold individuals in China that fight against the Communists’ control.  I hope that one day Old China will be restored, through the efforts of these strong individuals.  For this reason, I have a powerful respect for all the young people that died in the Tiananmen Square (天安门广场) massacre in 1989.
                If any of my Chinese readers have blogs, please comment on mine so I can read yours; even if it’s in Chinese I can read it fine.  In case you can’t read any English at all, I’ll put a little Chinese here so you can know what in the hell I’m even saying!

                您们好!请不断读我的博客,谢谢你!请在我的博客上写有的事,所以我可以读你的呢!你让我很高兴。
                

No comments:

Post a Comment