Sunday, January 27, 2013

Latest Waste of Time...

421
Latest Waste of Time...

                These games on my phone….I just don’t know what to do anymore.  The first one was Bike Race, a totally useless game that, at best, was good for my touch in future video games.  My new gaming obsession on my iPhone is Ruzzle.  It is basically Boggle, if you know what that is, and it’s like scrabble, where different letters are worth different amounts of points.  There is a 4x4 grid of 16 letters, and you drag your finger whatever which way to form words and score points.  There are also sometimes double or triple letter or word multipliers, which an experienced player will use to his advantage.
                You play this game with your Facebook friends, or you can have it make a tweet on your Twitter asking people to challenge you with your username.  Each round is two minutes long in which you rack up as many points as you can, and an entire match is three rounds, with your total score being the sum of your three rounds.  If this total is higher than the person’s that you are playing against, then you win.  They will have the exact same boards that you had for each of the three rounds so that it is totally fair.
                From the start, I was extremely good at this game, and win probably about 95% of my games.  After a couple of weeks of nonstop hardcore Ruzzling, I am just now starting to question whether it is a waste of my time and for how much longer I will continue playing.  I reason that this is ten times as valuable of a game as Bike Race, because I am actually forced to use my brain a little bit, but I would probably be better off just thinking up random thoughts and daydreaming.  However, it also has a disadvantage to Bike Race, as in Bike Race, each race only takes about fifteen seconds, while each match of Ruzzle takes six minutes.  This calls for a lot more time that you must be willing to burn.
                The other thing that is quite annoying is that you can play up for four or five games with the same person at the same time, and the last few mornings I have woken up to twenty matches that I have to play.  Also, I dominate everyone so badly, that I feel like I have nothing left to accomplish.  I feel like Michael Jordan; I have nothing left to do, so I think I might just switch to baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment